The internet is full of wonderful general resources, but these are our favorites.
- Facebook: Facebook is a social utility that helps people communicate more efficiently with their friends, family and coworkers. The company develops technologies that facilitate the sharing of information through the social graph, the digital mapping of people’s real-world social connections. Anyone can sign up for Facebook and interact with the people they know in a trusted environment.
- Twitter: Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent messages. People write short updates, often called “Tweets” of 140 characters or fewer.
- Meet Up: Meetup is the world’s largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 2,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities.
Online Fiber Communities
- Ravelry:Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, weavers and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools, project and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration. The content here is all user driven; we as a community make the site what it is. Ravelry is a great place for you to keep notes about your projects, see what other people are making, find the perfect pattern and connect with people who love to play with yarn from all over the world in our forums.
If you want to expand your hobby into an online business or if you are looking to find that perfect something – handmade, these wonderful craft supported online stores are worth looking checking out. The online stores listed are exclusive to artisans and craft businesses.
- ArtFire: As an interactive handmade market place and craft community our mission is to support your business and your brand with innovative features and functions. We are an e-commerce company and we focus on support of member’s needs by taking a service first approach.
- Etsy: Our mission is to enable people to make a living making things, and to reconnect makers with buyers. Our vision is to build a new economy and present a better choice: Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade.
- eBlogger: We created Blogger to give you an easy way to share your thoughts — about current events, what’s going on in your life, or anything else you’d care to discuss — with the world.
- Tumblr: Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything. Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos, from your browser, phone, desktop, email, or wherever you happen to be.
- WordPress: WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
Online Photo Storage